Friday, March 28, 2008

Striped Chair







"Generally good condition... needs some repair/needle work to 2" opening in fabric on front. Nice colors."










The second in a sequence of anthropomorphized chairs. Hey, maybe this will become a meme. For all I know, it may already be. In any event, this chair is clearly shrugging, suggesting, "yeah, I know, I'm hideous, but I'm OK with that. I've never known anything else. What are you gonna do? You play the hand you're dealt. Have a seat. And no, I didn't come with that smell, it was added later."

To the declaration of "nice colors," I say: Chances this chair will be taken? 1 in 20 million.* And even those odds presume that someone is preparing an art car for Black Rock City, and seeks the ugliest possible chair to mount on its structurally questionable crow's nest. If that someone does not exist, the chances are zero.


*Calculated with Vintage Microwave proprietary formula adapted (perhaps in violation of intellectual property laws, perhaps not) from Fair Isaac FICO algorithm.

No comments: