Monday, March 31, 2008

PriceWaterhouse Tech Forecast


"PricewaterhouseCoopers Technology Forecast. 2 volumes available, each about 2 inches thick: (1) 1999 (2) 2001-2003 Both new in plastic wrapper with CD-Rom."

I think my investment plans could gain much from a careful reading of an accounting firm's 5 to 9 year old prognostications about where the tech sector is headed. Excerpts:

Google will be devoured by an unstoppable Excite!

Kozmo.com will be scooter-delivering VHS tapes and healthy cigarettes to 7 of 10 Bay Area households.

Babelfish improved to state where it is slightly better than completely useless.

Segway craze slowed by shift to jetpack travel.

--

Actually, now that I've typed this, maybe it would be fun to look through these and see what sort of mistakes they contain. I guess I'll just have to settle for looking at the covers, one of which forecasts the Space Needle being destroyed by lightning. Nonetheless, Microsoft persists.

No comments: