Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fender Tube Guitar Amp



"The last time I opened it up, I think I messed things up to the point where I am not comfortable turning it on anymore."


I'm a guitar player, so when I saw this, I was excited, honest to god. Not just any old free amp, but a free tube amp? Well, hell, I could put some money into fixing it and sell the thing if I didn't like it. Free tube amp. Man, that's like free unopened booze or free money. That's free at its freetastic best.

Then I read that little passage. I'm not just picturing broken beyond repair. I'd try my hand at that. This guy has apparently done something to make this risky. "You can have it if you want it, but please don't point it at me." For some reason, I'm thinking of the Large Hadron Collider, and the fear it could bring on an Earth-swallowing black hole or something. I've got an amp or two, thank you very much. You can keep the Apocalypse to yourself.

No comments: